Criminal Immigration Defense Attorney
Criminal Immigration Defense Lawyer Criminal Immigration Defense Lawyer About the Firm Our Results Our Results Our Results Contact Us

Attorney in San Jose and San Francisco for Joint I-751 Petition to Remove the Condition on Permanent Residency for Immigrant Spouses

Supportive and Caring Representation for Removal of Condition on Residency

You petitioned for residency for your foreign spouse based on a marriage of less than two years. Your spouse will be granted conditional status for two years. USCIS wants to verify that your marriage was genuine. Before the two year period expires you must file a joint petition demonstrating that you are still married and that you continue to live in marital union. If your petition is granted, the condition on your spouse's green card will be removed and your spouse and any accompanying children with then receive full legal permanent residency. USCSIS may schedule an in-person interview to verify that the marriage is in good faith.

Getting the I-751 filing right the first time is critical. If the immigration officer decides the marriage was in bad faith and entered into just to obtain a green card, USCIS may place the immigrant spouse in deportation proceedings. Given how important the petition is to you and your loved ones, working with a San Francisco and San Jose immigration defense lawyer Is a smart decision.

San Francisco and San Jose I-751 Marriage Visa Lawyer

Daniel Shanfield, Esq. Immigration Defense successfully advocates for clients in joint I-751 petitions and interviews. Mr. Shanfield, our founding attorney, is a former clinical law professor at New York Law School and a former Immigration and Naturalization Service prosecutor. He has been recognized as a Northern California Immigration "Super Lawyer" by San Francisco Magazine, and holds a 10/10 AVVO rating, ranking him as "Superb" in experience, industry recognition, professional conduct. Let us put our unique perspective and experience to work for you in successfully resolving your family immigration case.

Joint I-751 Petitions to Remove the Condition on Permanent Residence for Immigrant Spouses

If you are a conditional resident spouse and are still married to the Petitioner, you must file the I-751 petition within 90 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of your conditional residency grant. The petition should present evidence of the good faith intention of the spouses on entering into the marriage and ideally the continuation and flourishing of the marriage.

Sometimes marriages do not work out. If you and your sponsoring spouse have dissolved your marriage, you may seek an I-751 waiver. In your petition for waiver you must explain your good faith in getting married, reasons for the ending of your marriage, including evidence of physical abuse or mental cruelty, along with the hardship you would endure on returning to your country of origin. Our firm has successfully assisted numerous clients through serious immigration problems involving removal and deportation and we routinely resolve legal residency issues like yours.

Contact an I-751 marriage petition attorney in San Francisco and San Jose at our firm for zealous and compassionate representation.

Click here to instantly connect to our office
Immigration FAQ
Immigration Services
I-601A Stateside Provisional Waivers
Immigration Defense
Citizenship & Naturalization
Deferred Action
Deportation Defense
Asylum & Refugee Status
Adam Walsh Act
Bond Hearings
Brothers and Sisters of U.S. Citizens
Cancellation of Removal
Criminal Immigration Problems
Deportation & Asylum
DHS Northern Hemisphere Travel Initiative
Expiring I-551 Green Card
Family Immigration Petitions
Federal Court Immigration Litigation
I-751 Marriage Visas
Immigration Fraud
Joint Petitions and Waivers for Spouses
K1/K3 Marriage Visa
Married Sons & Daughters of U.S. Citizens
Parents of U.S. Citizens
Permanent Residency
Permanent Resident with Crimes
Post Conviction Relief
San Francisco Asylum Office
San Francisco Immigration Court
Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
Spouse & Unmarried Children of U.S. Residents
Spouse of a U.S. Citizen
U Visa
VAWA Petitions
Visa Renewal
Visiting the U.S.
If you are a new or existing client, click here to login to your profile
31 North 2nd Street, Suite 200  San Jose, CA 95113

Attorney Web Design

The information on this Bay Area Immigration & Citizenship Attorneys & Lawyers/Law Firm website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Each legal case is different, and the endorsements, recommendations and cases described herein do not constitute a prediction or guarantee of success or failure in any other case. This information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Address: 111 W. St John Street, Suite 315 San Jose, CA 95113 Phone: (866) 559-9498 Local: (408) 275-6565