Criminal Immigration Defense Attorney
Criminal Immigration Defense Lawyer Criminal Immigration Defense Lawyer About the Firm Our Results Our Results Our Results Contact Us

Parents of U.S. Citizens

Immigration Lawyer in San Jose and San Francisco

Daniel Shanfield Esq. Immigration Defense provides skilled guidance and dedicated representation to U.S. citizens seeking permanent residency status for their parents. For years, we have successfully provided legal solutions for clients facing serious immigration problems. Mr. Shanfield has successfully fought for immigrants and their families throughout the San Jose area and has earned the respect of the California legal community. A former New York law professor and former United States Immigration and Naturalization Service attorney and prosecutor, Daniel is rated a Northern California Immigration "Super Lawyer" by San Francisco Magazine. He has an AVVO 10/10 rating and is judged "Superb" in experience, industry recognition and professional conduct. The legal team at our firm understands that you depend on our insightful legal strategies to successfully resolve your immigration issues and help you to obtain permanent resident status for your parents. Contact a San Francisco and San Jose immigration lawyer to obtain the best possible results.

Applying for Permanent Status for Parents

You must be a U.S. citizen over the age of 21 and presently living in the United States. If your parents are currently outside of the country, you may apply with an I-130 petition. They will be interviewed at the local U.S. embassy or consulate. They may not bring other children into the U.S. with them. You must file separate petitions for your siblings.

If your parents are already legally in the U.S. with non-resident status, you may file the I-130 petition along with the application for adjustment of status. They may seek a work permit at the same time. If your parents entered the country legally but then overstayed, you may still file an adjustment of status petition. They must not leave the country without the advice of an immigration attorney. They must stay in the United States until your petition is approved.

If Parents are Here Without Inspection

If your parents are in the United States without inspection, they will generally be required to leave the country. After you have filed your petition they will scheduled for a visa interview at a U.S. consulate in their home country. Under certain circumstances, such as qualification under 245(i), your parents may not be required to leave the country, so be sure to discuss the matter with us first. We are prepared to do everything possible to help you obtain permanent residency for your parents.

Contact an immigration lawyer in San Jose and San Francisco at our firm for skilled handling of your parent's immigration.

Click here to instantly connect to our office
I-601A Stateside Provisional Waivers
Immigration FAQ
Immigration Defense
Immigration Services
Citizenship & Naturalization
Deferred Action
Deportation Defense
Asylum & Refugee Status
Adam Walsh Act
Bond Hearings
Brothers and Sisters of US Citizens
Cancellation of Removal
Criminal Immigration Problems
Deportation & Asylum
DHS Northern Hemisphere Travel Initiative
Expiring I-551 Green Card
Family Immigration Petitions
Federal Court Immigration Litigation
I-751 Marriage Visas
Immigration Fraud
Joint Petitions and Waivers for Spouses
K1/K3 Marriage Visa
Married Sons & Daughters of US Citizens
Parents of US Citizen
Permanent Residency
Permanent Resident with Crimes
Post Conviction Relief
San Francisco Asylum Office
San Francisco Immigration Court
Sons and Daughters of US Citizens
Spouse & Unmarried Children of US Residents
Spouse of US Citizen
U Visa
VAWA Petitions
Visa Renewal
Visiting the US
If you are a new or existing client, click here to login to your profile
31 North 2nd Street, Suite 200  San Jose, CA 95113

Attorney Web Design

The information on this Bay Area Immigration & Citizenship Attorneys & Lawyers/Law Firm website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Each legal case is different, and the endorsements, recommendations and cases described herein do not constitute a prediction or guarantee of success or failure in any other case. This information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Address: 111 W. St John Street, Suite 315 San Jose, CA 95113 Phone: (866) 559-9498 Local: (408) 275-6565