Immigration Law Firm in San Jose
Determined & Skilled Immigration Defense

Reliable San Jose Immigration Lawyer

Renewing your visa? Turn to our firm for help!

Those visiting the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa who need to extend or renew their visa or switch to another nonimmigrant visa will need to file Form I-539 from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will need to submit your application on time, free of errors, and having attached all necessary documents. To ensure your application is completed properly and filed on time, consult immediately with a San Jose immigration attorney who can facilitate the process and eliminate any confusion.

Our firm has handled countless immigration cases in our many years of service and our successes and rapport with clients has resulted in being given a perfect 10.0 Superb score from Avvo. This is a reflection of our experience, professional conduct, and high standing in the legal community. You can trust the Law Offices of Daniel Shanfield—Immigration Defense, PC to work hard to accomplish your immigration and naturalization goals no matter how complicated they may seem.

Helpful Tips for Applying

It is imperative that you fill our Form I-539 correctly since this form is used for various immigration needs. You should call our San Jose immigration lawyer when you have questions over completing your form.

You should pay careful attention to the following areas of the form:

  • Information on immigration status and expiration of your visa can be answered with your I-94
  • Mention your family members if they obtained visas to accompany you to the U.S.
  • Your requests should be realistic and not be more than your visa extension permits
  • Have a foreign address to enter on the form to show the U.S. you do not plan to live here permanently

Any family members in your application will require you to fill out the Supplemental to the form.

Certain materials need to accompany your Form I-539: you will need a copy of your I-94, and English translation of all documents submitted in another language, fees, birth or marriage certificate for dependents, and documents showing your need for the renewal of your visa.

Work with Our Firm Today

With our San Jose immigration lawyer on your side, you stand a much better chance of having your visa renewed successfully and on time with less anxiety. Let our experienced immigration team handle your visa extension application so you can rest easy knowing that legal professionals are working on your behalf.

Speak with us today and we can counsel you through each stage of renewing your visa!

Clients Tell Their Stories

  • “this office should always be your first choice.”


  • “Thank you to Law Offices of Daniel Shanfield for all your hard work.”


  • “Efficient and knowledgeable...especially for complicated and non-standard immigration cases.”


  • “The outcome of their professionalism and expertise resulted in my deportation case being dismissed.”


  • “ case was a kind of difficult one, but Daniel made it done.”


  • “...their professional approach to all my concerns gave me the confidence I needed to relax”


  • “ was their expertise, diligence, and hard work that produced a successful outcome for me.”

    Former Client

Get Started Today

We Fight Relentlessly for Your Success
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.