Complex Family Immigration,
Naturalization and Green Card Matters
The immigration process can be complex. At Daniel Shanfield Immigration Defense PC, the heart of our practice is helping families immigrate successfully while staying together. Our team can help you understand the requirements for immigration, naturalization, and citizenship, and will stand by you through every step of the process.
Requirements to apply for citizenship
- In most cases, you must have five years in ‘permanent resident’ status before you can become a U.S. citizen. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, however, the requirement may be as little as three years.
- You must show that you have a physical presence in the U.S., continuity of residence, and have good moral character.
- You must be able to pass an exam covering topics related to the U.S. government, history, and civics.
- You must be able to speak, write, and read English.
The exact requirements for naturalization, citizenship, or permanent resident status may vary depending on your age, marital status, and other factors.
How We Can Help You
At Daniel Shanfield Immigration Defense PC, we provide assistance in determining eligibility for naturalization or citizenship and overcoming obstacles. We help clients understand their rights, responsibilities, and options related to:
- Green Card and I-130 Visa Petition Appeals
- Removal of Condition on Permanent Residency and Waivers (I-751)
- 245(i) Residency Applications
- Complex Naturalization and N-336
- Delayed Naturalization
- DACA advance parole and Adjustment of Status
Whether you are petitioning for permanent resident status, naturalization, or citizenship, Daniel Shanfield Immigration Defense PC can help. Our thorough knowledge of the immigration process provides unparalleled legal representation for you and your family.