Brothers and Sisters of U.S. Citizens

San Francisco and San Jose Immigration Defense Attorney

You are a U.S. citizen and wish to obtain permanent resident status for your siblings. Immigration issues require skilled and professional handling.

We help clients with obtaining visas, preparing petitions, and expediting approvals for their family members, including:

If your siblings are lawfully admitted to the United States and a visa is immediately available, we can pursue adjustment of status. Daniel Shanfield, Esq. Immigration Defense makes your success our highest priority. Our legal team takes a personal interest in your immigration problem and will work to solve the matter quickly.

Have questions regarding adjustment of status for siblings? We urge you to contact our San Francisco and Jose Immigration defense lawyer today!

How To Bring Your Siblings to the United States

As a U.S. citizen, over age 21 and residing in the U.S. you may file an I-130 petition to bring your brothers and sisters to the United States for permanent residence. Once your petition for your sibling is approved, they can bring a spouse and any unmarried children under age 21.

Your sibling’s ages and marital status do not matter. You must have at least one common parent.

This is a Family-Sponsored 4th preference and only 65,000 cases may be accepted each year. As a result, there is a lengthy waiting list, as set forth in the Department of State Visa Bulletin.

If a child reaches age 21 before approval is granted, we still may be able to gain admission for that child. You should have legal counsel review your particular circumstances.

What if Your Brother or Sister Is Already in the U.S.?

Adjustment of status for your brothers is available for brothers and sisters of United States citizens present and lawfully admitted to the United States in connection with a previously filed petition if the visa is immediately available.

Brothers and sisters who are here without inspection or who have overstayed their visas, in general, must leave the United States to apply for permanent residency unless they qualify for 245(i).

How Our Skilled Immigration Firm Can Help

Consult a lawyer before taking any action as there can be exceptions and there are serious consequences for leaving the United States after a period of unlawful presence.

Reach out to a San Francisco and San Jose immigration defense attorney at our firm for assistance with an immigration petition for your brother or sister. Give us a call or contact us online today!